Managing your mental health throughout the Coronavirus outbreak
You may feel more anxious or worried than normal due to the Coronavirus outbreak. You may find the following resources helpful:
If you want general guidance on how to look after your mental health and well-being:
- Public Health England have published guidance for everyone on how to cope during the Covid-19 outbreak.
- Rethink Mental Illness have a Coronavirus Hub for information, support and advice. They have also published a list of tips to help manage daily life during the outbreak.
- Every Mind Matters have published advice on staying mentally well staying at home during the coronavirus outbreak.
If you are struggling to manage anxiety or stress during the outbreak:
- Every Mind Matters have published ’10 Tips to help if you are worried about Coronavirus’.
- The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) have published advice on how to cope with anxiety throughout the outbreak.
If you have a specific mental health concern which is being made worse:
- Mind have published comprehensive guidance on coping with the coronavirus if you have ongoing or specific mental health issues.
If you are worried about a child’s mental health:
- YoungMinds has published advice for parents on talking to children about the coronavirus.
- YoungMinds has published advice for children and young people on what to do if you are anxious about coronavirus.
If you want information on temporary changes to social care laws:
- The Coronavirus outbreak has led to temporary changes to the Mental Health Act and to social care. Rethink Mental Illness have published information on these changes.